The safety and security of all employees are paramount. This is particularly important in industries where there is a potential risk of explosion. This blog will explain what a blast-resistant building is, and everything you need to know about them.
What is a blast-resistant building?
Blast-resistant buildings are modular structures that have been designed to withstand the impact of an explosion and protect personnel by absorbing the energy of the shock wave and redirecting it away from the building's occupants. They are used in hazardous environments such as oil refineries, chemical processing plants and other types of factory sites which can have explosive or flammable materials. The building's structure is reinforced with materials that can withstand the force of the explosion, such as concrete, steel, and other composite materials.
What are the key features of a blast-resistant building?
Blast-resistant buildings have several key features that make them different from conventional buildings. They are designed to minimize the impact of an explosion and protect the building's occupants. Some of the key features of blast-resistant buildings include:
- Robust structural design - to withstand the force of an explosion, absorb the energy and prevent collapse.
- Reinforced walls and windows - with materials that can absorb and distribute shock waves such as laminated glass and steel.
- Blast-resistant doors - designed to prevent the entry of blast waves and debris by being tightly sealed and reinforced.
- Blast-resistant roofing - reinforced to prevent the collapse of the building from the force of the explosion.
- Ventilation systems - designed to protect personnel from toxic gases and smoke being released in the event of an explosion.
Which industries do we work with?
We work closely with a range of industries involved in the use, processing and storage of hazardous substances including chemicals, petroleum, flammable liquids, gas and other materials. Providing high quality and safe working environment for personnel is vital for our customers.
Why choose Eldapoint for your blast-resistant building?
Eldapoint's blast-resistant portable steel buildings provide pressure ranges of 100mbar Free-field for 100msec, 320mbar Free-field for 100msec, 500mbar Free-field for 100msec. Units can be manufactured to your custom specifications and supplied with optional HVAC and explosive gas detection shut-off.
Here at Eldapoint, we are experts in what we do. Our blast-resistant portable building solutions offer your employees the highest levels of protection and peace of mind. For more information about the options we have available, please contact us by calling +44 (0)151 548 9838 or emailing [email protected] and a member of our specialist team will be in touch.