Battery Energy Storage Systems.
Battery Energy Storage System containers are specialised units designed to house and protect battery energy storage systems.
How do Battery Energy Storage System containers (BESS) work?
The BESS containers that we manufacture, provide a secure, controlled environment for storing energy storage batteries and associated equipment. The containers are used to safeguard the battery units, prevent environmental impacts, and optimise their performance. They come in various sizes and configurations to accommodate different types of battery technologies and power capacity needs.
What are the different types of BESS available?
There are several different types of BESS available, each with its own advantages and characteristics including:
- Lithium-ion Batteries: Lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries are the most widely used type of battery in BESS applications.
- Lead-Acid Batteries: Lead-acid batteries have been used for a long time and are still used in some BESS installations.
- Flow Batteries: Flow batteries store energy in chemical fluids contained in external tanks.
- Sodium-Sulfur (NaS) Batteries: NaS batteries use liquid sodium as the negative electrode and sulfur as the positive electrode.
- Nickel-Cadmium (Ni-Cd) Batteries: Ni-Cd batteries have been used in BESS applications for a long time.
- Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) Batteries: Ni-MH batteries are an alternative to Ni-Cd batteries, offering higher energy density and improved environmental friendliness.
- Advanced Lead-Acid Batteries: In addition to traditional lead-acid batteries, there are advanced lead-acid batteries like Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) and Gel batteries.
- Solid-State Batteries: Solid-state batteries are an emerging technology that replaces the liquid or gel electrolyte found in traditional batteries with a solid electrolyte.
Designing a BESS
Designing a Battery Energy Storage System container involves careful consideration of several factors to ensure optimal performance, efficiency, and longevity of the system.
Here at Eldapoint, our BESS containers are fully bespoke and designed to provide highly efficient solutions for renewables. We specialise in designing containers that store Lithium-ion Batteries.
What we include in our BESS
In our energy storage containers, we include everything except the battery track and the control panels. The following components are included:
- Container options: 10', 20', 40' containers
- Fire-resistant lining
- Emergency lighting & Fire Alarm (if required) as an emergency measure in case the battery overheats.
- Fire-resistant personal door (if required)
- Air conditioner units (if required) to maintain battery coolness.
- Air flow louvres
The unit is divided into two sections: one side includes the battery system, air conditioner and necessary controls, while the other side houses the control system, electrics, large louvres, and a fire-resistant personal door (if required).
Our team of experts will work closely with you, to create a customised solution which is fully tailored to your requirements and steer you seamlessly through the entire process from planning and design to delivery and installation.